I’ll be cutting this close –
- Take cab with dismantled bike to bike shop
- Pack bike into cardboard bike box
- check in at airport
- catch 12:30 flight back to Toronto
- Got to bike store, packed bike, and the box was too big for backseat or trunk of cab
- unpacked bike, flattened and folded the box and stuffed everything into the cab
- got to airport and emptied cab:
- repacked bike:
- got charged $250 by United Airlines to check in the bike (they charged $100 on the way down). Counter clerk and manager were inflexible. Outrageous.
- Hopped skipped jumped from Corpus Christi – Houston – Philadelphia – Toronto in a series of small planes and prayed that my bike would make all the transfer points:
Both bike and I arrived in Toronto at same time.
Bike trip is over.